12-r326622 install won't boot

Chris H bsd-lists at BSDforge.com
Tue Dec 12 21:27:08 UTC 2017

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 11:37:33 -0800 <bsd-lists at BSDforge.com> said

> Hello all,
> I just blew away a old RELENG_11, to start working with current. I
> must admit I had several disappointments regarding the installer.
> But that's for another topic, and another time.
> To the point;
> I completed the install. The only event(s) that might be notable
> during the install. Was early on during (boot?) I saw a "dumped core"
> race past on the screen. I also experienced at least 1 LOR. But the
> install continued, seemingly un(interrupted|affected). That said, I
> chose the reboot option after completion. Ejected the DVD during POST,
> and I'm stuck at:
>
> BTX loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.02
> Consoles: internal video/keyboard
>
> followed by 2 gibberish characters; 1 appears as a right pointing arrow,
> the other, kind of like a battlestar galactca spaceship.
> NOTE: those 2 characters did not show up on the initial reboot from
> the install (just the 2 lines above). But after I attempted a hard
> reset after the first fail.
OK tried the installation again, and nothings changed.
Still left with the 2 lines listed above.

Guess I'll have to wait until 12-CURRENT becomes a usable version.
Sigh...
I was really hoping to run 12, so I could better develop 11.
Oh well. Guess I'll grab a copy of 11 off one of the ftp servers, and spin it
up.

Thanks anyway! :-)

--Chris