dmesg -a shows "Failed to fully fault in a core file segment at VA" examples, anything to worry about?

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 1 07:53:03 UTC 2017

On 30/11/2017 23:04, Mark Millard wrote:
> The messages seem to be considered non-fatal at the system
> level, although the processes are getting signal 11. It is
> not clear to me if the signal 11's are consequences, causes,
> or just happen to be associated.

The messages are produced if there is a problem while writing a core file.
So, they can appear only if (after) a process crashed.

--
Andriy Gapon