Use of env SRC_ENV_CONF=. . . for buildworld does not override/avoid use of /etc/src.conf : Intentional?

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 4 16:40:40 UTC 2016

On 11/3/2016 5:28 PM, Mark Millard wrote:
> I just had a case of "odd" command text in a buildworld that was based on (in part) env SRC_ENV_CONF=. . .
>
> env __MAKE_CONF=. . . does not get the kind of behavior reported below for /etc/src.conf .
>
> Overall this means that even with an explicit env SRC_ENV_CONF=. . . one must separately prevent /etc/src.conf from contributing if the SRC_ENV_CONF file is intended to cover everything.

SRC_ENV_CONF is kind of a special hack to allow setting some specific
values that feasibly can't be set later.  Just stick to src.conf unless
you need to set one of the options that requires src-env.conf.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery