r300951 make buildworld duration 18h

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Tue May 31 04:47:17 UTC 2016

It's too bad make(1) can't have a "max parallel jobs" for a particular
directory.

I believe that some of the llvm build winds up using nearly a gig of RAM
per compiled .c file, so when you are running 2 jobs at once, LLVM will
swap like mad.

If we could add something under the llvm directory "max jobs = RAM/1GB"
we could have much faster build worlds.

-Alfred