bluetooth not working in recent current

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:30:22 UTC 2016

Graham,

>> can you also please try to start it manually and see where it stops?
>> i.e. something like
>>
>> # sh -x /etc/rc.d/bluetooth start ubt0
>
> Thanks for responding. The output of that command is below. I'll do some
> more diagnosis when I get home tonight.

thanks a lot

[...]

> + /usr/sbin/hccontrol -n ubt0hci reset
> + return 1

so, "reset" command failed :( can you please tell me which exact
broadcom device you have, i.e. vendor id and product id? some broadcom
devices may require firmware download. you said it was working before,
can you please tell if you had to download firmware before? i.e. use
ubtbcmfw ? are you dual booting between freebsd and windows (or
linux)?

thanks!
max