boot broken on VMWare somewhere between r300069 and r300176

Boris Samorodov bsam at passap.ru
Thu May 19 13:38:11 UTC 2016

19.05.16 14:05, Konstantin Belousov пишет:
> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 01:50:47PM +0300, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>> 19.05.16 09:28, K. Macy пишет:
>>> I did an IFC on my drm-next-4.6 branch yesterday at r300069. I just
>>> did an IFC to r300176 and boot will hang right ater printing out
>>> "setting hostid: ". ^T just shows sh [piperd]. ddb just shows the
>>> shell as hanging in piperead. Diffing between those two revisions I
>>> don't see any obvious offenders so I'm hoping that individuals who
>>> have committed in the last 24 hours will have some idea of their
>>> changes having such an impact.
>>
>> For me (BIOS boot at DELL notebook) is broken after jump
>> from r300062 to r300158. CapsLock works, but ^T shows nothing.
>> Here is a photo (sorry for the quality):
>> ftp://ftp.wart.ru/pub/misc/boot_broken.jpg
>>
>> Boot with r300062 works fine.
>
> Break into ddb and show the 'ps' command output.

Here are some photoes: ftp://ftp.wart.ru/pub/misc/Boot/
Notes:
1. The third one is none-readable. :-( I'll redo it if needed
(but not right now).
2. The last but one screens are nearly identical (modulo integers)
and were skipped.

BTW, if detach all devices from the notebook (external screen,
wired network, usb extentions) the notebook can boot ones out of
10 times.

HTH
--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)