SD card adapter doesn't working anymore

Ruslan Makhmatkhanov rm at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 28 15:48:43 UTC 2016

Ian Lepore wrote on 03/28/16 06:38 PM:
> On Mon, 2016-03-28 at 12:33 +0300, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
>> Ian Lepore wrote on 03/28/16 05:29 AM:
>>
>> [...]
>>>>

>>> I finally found some time today to give this stuff a try on my one
>>> x86
>>> system that has an sdhci controller in it.  Unfortunately,
>>> everything
>>> just works fine.  I tried with a GENERIC kernel that has those
>>> devices
>>> compiled in, and I tried taking them out and loading sdhci_pci,
>>> mmc,
>>> and mmcsd as modules, and everything just worked both ways.
>>>
>>> The only thing I can think of now is to turn up the debugging
>>> levels.
>>>    That's going to generate a lot of spewage, but if you
>>> paste/upload the
>>> output somewhere I'll look through it.  So try setting:
>>>
>>>     hw.sdhci.debug=3
>>>     hw.mmc.debug=3
>>>
>>> in either loader.conf or via sysctl before you kldload the modules.
>>>    If
>>> the sdhci output is too trashed with interrupt info, maybe lower it
>>> 2.
>>>
>>> -- Ian
>>
>> Ian, not much changed with setting this knobs in loader.conf except
>> of
>> showing the "REGISTER DUMP" table, that I already sent you in one of
>> earlier responses. Here is the full dmesg: https://dpaste.de/GeaT/raw
>>
>> Also nothing is showing in messages/console upon plugging an SD card.
>> Maybe I should enable some debug in kernel to make it show anything?
>> Here is my kern conf: https://dpaste.de/0v9k/raw It's mostly generic,
>> but with debug bits disabled.
>>
>> Mine mmc/sdhci stuff is compiled in and shown in kldstat output:
>> [rm at smsh-zfs ~]> kldstat -v | grep mmc
>> 		238 sdhci_pci/mmc
>> 		187 mmc/mmcsd
>>

> Wow, there's just nothing to work with in that output.  I think the
> increased debuging didn't output anything because nothing is happening,
> and that's consistant with the value in the Present State register when
> the driver attaches, which says that no card is inserted.  (It says
> that in several ways... when a card is in, half a dozen of those bits
> should be non-zero.)
>
> It makes me think the controller isn't powered up, or is in some
> suspend mode or something.  But that would be at the pci bus level, not
> something the driver is in control of.  I had a problem like that
> initially on my FitPc2 x86 board that has sdhci on it, but the problem
> went away with a bios update.
>
> -- Ian

Ok, I'll try to do something about that. Just want to tell, that some
time ago, after this controller stopped to work in -current, I had dual
boot system with windows. And when I was needed to burn some SD, I just
booted to windows and successfully write SD.

I have a latest firmware for my laptop installed, so the only thing I
can try is to boot some old FreeBSD versions to see if it will work with
them, because this firmware can't be downgraded as far I know.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

T.O.S. Of Reality