FreeBSD MachO File format, your comments on it.

Achim Patzner ap at bnc.net
Thu Mar 24 09:38:05 UTC 2016

> Am 24.03.2016 um 10:13 schrieb mokhi <mokhi64 at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi guys.
> I'm Mahdi Mokhtari (aka Mokhi between FreeBSD friends).
>
> I am working on adding Mach-O binary format to supported formats for FreeBSD.

Would that project end in having an intelligent loader that will only map the relevant architecture to memory (i. e. I’ll have extremely fat executables supporting any known architecture in the universe on /usr/local or even for all files that can be shared between machines) and keep the load on memory and network as low as possible?

Cool. I’ll buy immediately. Now if someone would add completely hassle-free automatic cross-compilation to building I feel like Christmas came early.

(Just imagine an “one stick fits them all”-installer…)

Achim