problems with mouse

Bruce Evans brde at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 30 05:15:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> On 08/29/16 22:12, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>>
>> I apologize in advance if this is not in the right list, if I need to
>> pose this question in questions, I will do so as soon as I find out.
>> I am having trouble with switching apps in Lumina desktop with the
>> mouse, I removed moused from /etc/rc.conf because I have a usb mouse
>> and still lose when I switch from firefox to terminal or vice versa.
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> FreeBSD hp 11.0-RC2 FreeBSD 11.0-RC2 #0 r304729: Wed Aug 24 06:59:03
>> UTC 2016     root at releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>>  amd64
>>
>> Is there a way to troubleshoot this?  Is there something that can fix this?
>
> Bruce Evans has fixed some issues with SC/VT mouse/keyboard stuff in
> 12-current. Maybe he has some ideas.

I only know about sc/atkbd and am trying not to break ukbd.

The cause of Bug 211884 (ukbd?) is still unknown.  Bugzilla is too hard
to access for me, but the PR seems to be missing critical info about the
environment (is the console vt or sc?).

kbdmux is still missing the fix that is blamed for causing Bug 211884.
I need to fix kbdmux before changing sc to depend on it being fixed.
vt already depends on it being fixed.  Howver, vt also depends on
going through kbdmux.  ukbd doesn't attach properly directly for vt.

ukbd passed tests of working in panic mode yesterday.  It actually
works perfectly in panic + ddb (polled) mode.  Much better than in
just ddb mode.  Panic mode turns off its locking and thus gives
races instead of deadlocks and assertion failures, and the races
aren't very harmful in panic mode.  So the basic polling method in
ukbd is working except when it tries to do correct locking.

Bruce