Delay with 11.0-RC2 builds

Glen Barber gjb at
Tue Aug 23 03:43:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:30:24PM +0000, Glen Barber wrote:
> Two issues have been brought to our attention, and as a result, 11.0-RC2
> builds will be delayed a day or two while these are investigated.
> An update will be sent if the delay is longer than anticipated.

Just an update, the 11.0-RC2 will be delayed at least two days.  One of
the issues mentioned in the above PR URLs does not affect releng/11.0,
and is a non-issue, but we are awaiting one more change to the stable/11
and releng/11.0 branches that we hope will be the final major changes to

If this is the case, we may be able to eliminate 11.0-RC3 entirely, and
still release on time (or, on time as the current schedule suggests).

However, as you know, FreeBSD releases prioritize quality over schedule,
so we may still need to adjust the schedule appropriately.

So, help with testing 11.0-RC1 (or the latest releng/11.0 from svn) is
greatly appreciated.

On behalf of:	re@

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the freebsd-current mailing list