Wayland work status

Matthew Macy mmacy at nextbsd.org
Sat Aug 13 07:26:30 UTC 2016

 > ​Wayland relies on kqueue which is not implemented in drm's 3.8 or 4.6
 > branches. I'm working on this now for drm-next-4.6 and it is almost
 > complete.
 > I will probably implement it also in the 3.8 ​branch to be able to run
 > Wayland on both to compare and find bugs in linuxkpi more easily. Will
 > share patch for 3.8 branch when done.

drm-next has working kevent support following shortly after the drm-v4.7 tag. Your kqfilter implementation would be ideal for 3.8 but is not suitable for drm-next as it substantially modifies vendor code. I think your implementation does in fact work or is very close. Your apparent problem stemmed from an index overwrite in your modified kmscube.c test case.

A working kmscube.c can be found at:

https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kmscube

With no arguments it will use select. If you pass -k it will use kevent.
-M