Mosh regression between 10.x and 11-stable

John Hood cgull at glup.org
Thu Aug 11 23:51:46 UTC 2016

That's interesting (not in a good way).

Next thing to try:

mosh --server='/usr/local/bin/mosh-server 2>/dev/null' peter at VPS

(with an unmodified mosh-server)

Mosh prints the 'MOSH CONNECT ...' message on stdout, then forks.  The
parent exits immediately, and the child prints verbose and copyright
info to stderr.  I'm wondering if the race is that the parent and child
writes appear mixed together, corrupting the expected message.

You might try adding a 'print;' in the while loop that digests this
input in the mosh script.  That'll tell us whether the script is not
getting 'MOSH CONNECT...' at all, or if it's corrupted.  You'll have to
run mosh inside /usr/bin/script to capture that.

regards,

  --jh