how do I downgrade from 11-current to 10-stable

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Sun May 31 01:41:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sat, 30 May 2015 05:52:56 -0400
Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> My desktop machine is 11-current and I want to down grade it to
> 10-stable how do I do this without needing a reinstall?

I did this several times from sources. Be aware of one problem which
could be fatal. If you created a encrypted partition with GELI and you
downgrade, the older version might not be able to handle the encryption
of the newer version. This is not mentioned in the documentation.

There might be also a catch with the mix of kernel/world. To avoid
problems there, I ran both the installation of kernel and the world in
one go.

Erich