Panic on current amd64

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 30 21:19:58 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 03:02:28PM -0700, Manfred Antar wrote:
M> I get the following panic on current svn ver  r280793:
M>
M> Sat Mar 28 14:41:28 PDT 2015
M>
M> FreeBSD/amd64 (pozo.com) (ttyu0)
M>
M> panic: Invalid CPU in callout 16

The same happened to me in the OFED code. After investigation
it appeared that for some unknown reason, the OFED code used
/usr/include/sys/callout.h instead of SYSDIR/sys/callout.h,
that yield in wrong value passing as parameter.

I failed to reproduce the problem. :( So, the fix is a rebuild
of kernel. But the right fix is to understand what went wrong
in the previous build.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.