Jenkins build is still unstable: FreeBSD_HEAD-tests2 #867

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 22 22:09:58 UTC 2015

On 22 Mar 2015, at 23:04, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2015, at 15:01, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>> OK, converting expr.y to use unsigned integers would require a bit of work.
>>
>> Can you commit your patch to the Makefile?  It fixes the problem for now.
>
> +1
>
> I’d still like to know why clang 3.5 doesn’t have this behavior though — there might be other potential issues lurking around that need to be solved (either here, in ports, or both).

Because this version optimizes better around undefined behavior.  There
are most likely many issues lurking around, and most certainly in ports.

I would recommend using UBSan to tackle this kind of thing.

-Dimitry