Massive libxo-zation that breaks everything

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at alumni.cwru.edu
Tue Mar 3 20:02:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Alfred Perlstein <bright at mu.org> wrote:

>> On Mar 3, 2015, at 11:07 AM, Justin Hibbits <jrh29 at alumni.cwru.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Alfred Perlstein <bright at mu.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> Maybe I am too old school but the motd on freefall is still "now shut up and code". I still believe that's right.
>>>
>>> We ALL need to know when to step back from an issue we really do not have the bandwidth to constructively contribute to.
>>>
>>> This doesn't mean ideas or concerns aren't valid, but that unless you truly have the bandwidth to contribute, taking a step back is a good idea.
>>>
>>> -Alfred.
>>
>> You're both right.  Maybe we need a hackathon on this.  Is BSDCan too late?
>
> Hackathon on what exactly?
>
> -Alfred

libifying base.  And, if there's still stuff that needs libxo'd, do
that, too.  Looking at both could help to derive a clean library API
that libxo'd interfaces can use.

libifying base has been on my "interesting TODO" list for the last 10
years or so, I just haven't had the inclination.  Now that there's
been a swell of support for it, getting people together to actually
make it happen seems like a good idea.

- Justin