"proper way" or "unworkable idea" ?

Simon J. Gerraty sjg at juniper.net
Tue Jun 30 16:09:39 UTC 2015

Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk at iherebuywisely.com> wrote:

> If I've a spare /mnt/usr/src , it seems buildworld quite soon fails,
> where it otherwise may succeed in /usr/src. Any CLI parameters or> the
> build system is hardcoded enough so that there will always be
> problems?

The only thing hard coded is the default MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX (it isn't
called that but it works the same way), but even that should work for any
location. I always have MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX when doing buildworld etc,
and have never used /usr/src.

Is there perhaps something interesting about /mnt/usr/src (like
ancient?)