FreeBSD Quarterly Status Report - Second Quarter 2015

Jordan Hubbard jordan.hubbard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:01:14 UTC 2015

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 7:32 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw at digiware.nl> wrote:
>
> You have any idea what is/was actual the hardware that was in the box?
>
> If I remember correctly we gave Jordan a check for like 5000 guilders.
> Which I guess would be 2500 us$ at that time. Which was not an enormous
> amount of money, so even more impressive that the system lasted 18 years :)

And thank you again for that donation!   We should have another conference at that place - I remember it was unusual to have a conference at a location that also supplied tools for hacking our Librettos. :)

I believe those original funds purchased a Pentium Pro system of fairly reasonable configuration.  As Julian says, however, the individual parts were replaced over the years, including the motherboard, and the freefall of today likely bore little resemblance to the one we purchased at the local PC shop in Walnut Creek, California!

- Jordan