"broken" symbolic links in /usr/lib

Jamie Landeg-Jones jamie at dyslexicfish.net
Wed Jul 29 05:07:28 UTC 2015

Gary Palmer <gpalmer at freebsd.org> wrote:

> As best that I can recall, the permissions of the directory underneath
> the mount point has been causing problems like this for as long as I've been
> using FreeBSD, which is over 20 years at this point.  It's certainly
> bit me in the distant past.

I concur. I always make mount point directories 0111,noschg,nodump - it makes
them stand out when not mounted, and also stops accidental directory deletion
potentially stopping a reboot from working.

But yeah, for 20+ years. I've also experienced problems if a mount-point
directory doesn't have +x access.

Cheers, Jamie