-current broken when MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX is set (was: src is on NFS)

O'Connor, Daniel darius at dons.net.au
Sun Jul 19 12:45:33 UTC 2015

> On 19 Jul 2015, at 02:56, Simon J. Gerraty <sjg at juniper.net> wrote:
>
> O'Connor, Daniel <darius at dons.net.au> wrote:
>> However, Crochet _does_ build on the NFS client _and_ when the source
>> tree isn't in /usr/src which makes this issue very strange :-/
>
> I've seen similar errors in rescue... (no NFS) though I cannot
> quite recall the cause other than it seems very sensitive
> to MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX value.

Yeah the subject is wrong (I just updated it).

I just did a build like so and it worked..
env MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/src/obj-amd64 make -j 8 buildworld

But this did not..
make -j 8 buildworld MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/src/obj-amd64

So, it seems MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX only works as an environmental variable - I wonder if there is a way the make system can be changed to warn about that?

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."