Why shoud we cause panic in scsi_da.c?

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 13 15:29:43 UTC 2015

Hi.

On 13.07.2015 11:51, Kohji Okuno wrote:
>> On 07/13/15 10:11, Kohji Okuno wrote:
>>> Could you comment on my quesion?

>> It looks to me more like an KASSERT() is appropriate here.

As I can see, this panic() call was added by ken@ about 15 years ago.
I've added him to CC in case he has some idea why it was done. From my
personal opinion I don't see much reasons to allow CAM_DEV_QFRZN to be
returned only together with error. While is may have little sense in
case of successful command completion, I don't think it should be
treated as error. Simply removing this panic is probably a bad idea,
since if it happens device will just remain frozen forever, that will be
will be difficult to diagnose, but I would better just dropped device
freeze in that case same as in case of completion with error.

--
Alexander Motin