freebsd-current compile with clang & ccache

Juan Ramón Molina Menor listjm at club.fr
Tue Dec 1 21:37:15 UTC 2015

Le 25/11/2015 19:09, Juan Molina a écrit :
>> On 11/24/2015 1:31 AM, M&S - Krasznai András wrote:
>> >/What can I do to eliminate the ccache error during installworld
>> apart from not using ccache? /
>> I would recommend not setting CC or CCACHE_PATH in make.conf and using
>> the new WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=yes option instead.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bryan Drewery
>
> Hi.
>
> I’m seeing the same ccache errors and I do not have CC or CCACHE_PATH
> defined anywhere. Only WITH_CCACHE_BUILD and WITH_FAST_DEPEND in
> src.conf.
>
> Best regards,
> Juan

I have an update on this. In fact, I was wrong concerning the content of
my src.conf: there was other lines, notably:

WITHOUT_CROSS_COMPILER=

As soon as I commented it out, make installworld stopped emitting the
ccache errors and requiring COMPILER_TYPE="clang" to work. I made
another build with the line enabled and again both errors returned. A
third build without this line confirmed the solution. I will try again
to ensure I’m not following a false track, after updating sources, as I
see a lot of recent commits related to the build system.

I hope it rings a bell somewhere…

Best regards,
Juan