Phabricator -- can't update review

Devin Teske dteske at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 1 03:29:21 UTC 2015

> On Mar 31, 2015, at 7:56 PM, Devin Teske <dteske at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 31, 2015, at 7:39 PM, Devin Teske <dteske at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’ve been beating my head on the below issue for an hour now.
>> I’m getting frustrated and don’t understand what it is trying to say.
>>
>> head $ arc diff —update D2105
>> Exception
>> Field “revisionID” occurs twice in commit message!
>>

>> So I go and look at the commit message. I think it is confused.
>>
>> I am at an impasse. I’m starting to consider closing D2105 and
>> creating a new entry ;(
>>
>> Trace available upon request, but it’s pretty boring stuff. Could
>> use some help here.
>
> Full trace here:
> http://pastebin.com/NzBvDruM <http://pastebin.com/NzBvDruM>
Eitan found it.

I needed to remove "Differential Review:” line from my commit message.
What was non-obvious was that — when using SVN — you can’t see that
this line is already being added by the arc template (iirc from Eitan).

Removing the Differential Review line from the commit message makes it
appear as the line is no longer there (using svn; using hg or git you can
see that it is appended to the end of the summary).

Just need to take it on Faith that it’s there even if not displayed (you’ll get
a warning if it’s not there, so no harm no fowl).

All is good now.
Thanks again Eitan!
—
Devin