HEADS UP: Standalone kernel debug files moving out of /boot/kernel/

David Chisnall theraven at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 29 09:13:24 UTC 2014

On 29 Oct 2014, at 03:11, Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org> wrote:

> /usr/lib/debug is the standard location for standalone debug data
> established by GDB, and seems like a decent enough location. I'll make
> sure to update the man page.

Do gdb and lldb also look in /usr/local/lib/debug?  If not, it would be great if we could at least teach lldb to do this so that we can start thinking about splitting debug info into separate packages for ports (and providing it as an optional install for everything).

David