Ver 2 of the patch [was: Re: i915 driver update testing]

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 18:01:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 07:44:19PM +0300, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> >From the same frame, please do
> p *(struct drm_i915_private *)(dev->private)

I probably figured out what is wrong, but it is still interesting to
see this piece of data.

For everybody who has the issue with blank screen or panic after
the patch:
1. please try the updated patch,
	https://www.kib.kiev.ua/kib/drm/i915.2.patch
2. if you use "kldload i915kms" to test the patch and get the blank
   screen, verify do you get panic or just a black screen.  It is
   expected for sc, not so for vt.  For vt, if you do get blank screen
   and not a panic, do not load i915kms manually and run the X server.
   I am interested if running X server does show proper output.