What we have here, ...

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 15 02:51:41 UTC 2014

Is a failure to build head/ with high make(1) -j values.  Again.

With empty /usr/obj, I have been seeing strange build failures on head/
with high -jN values, but even as low as -j10.  The machine used to
build snapshots of head/ and stable/ branches has been using -j48 for
several months without issue, so I am certain this is a recent (<=1
month) issue.

Of all things, it looks like fonts are failing to build, giving the
following error:

 --- MACGUJARATI.esdb ---
 NAME is mandatory.
 ENCODING is mandatory.
 *** [MACGUJARATI.esdb] Error code 1
 make[6]: stopped in /usr/src/share/i18n/esdb/APPLE

Is anyone else seeing this with empty MAKEOBJDIR ?

I won't be able to reproduce the issue with log output until at least
Monday, since I'm running the head/ builds with the '-jN' halved to 24,
which so far seems to have made a difference.

Thanks.

Glen