diskid documentation

Allan Jude allanjude at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 2 13:26:10 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-01 09:41, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to track down the documentation for the /dev/diskid/blah
> device nodes. Is there a man page?
>
> It appears that this is a current-only thing, so I'm asking here? (At
> least, none of my 9.x or 10.x machines have /dev/diskid.)
>
> Thanks,
> ==ml

diskid (also called disk_ident in sysctl, which is confusing)

It also tends to sometimes hide the gpt label provider on me (not sure
in which cases it does this, but it is annoying)

I usually disable it, especially to make my 'zpool status' output prettier

kern.geom.label.disk_ident.enable=0
kern.geom.label.gptid.enable=0

--
Allan Jude