FreeBSD 10 and zfsd

Alan Somers asomers at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 26 19:45:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Mark Felder <feld at freebsd.org> wrote:
> August 26 2014 10:21 AM, "Alan Somers" <asomers at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> Merged into the projects/zfsd/head branch by change 270604. Merging
>> to head is blocked by three issues:
>> a) The atf-ksh93 hack. The correct solution is to modify all the test
>> programs (not the test cases) so they can run under /bin/sh. That
>> will take some effort.
>
> Can you provide a link to the atf-ksh93 code?

There's not much to it.  It simply sets an environment variable and
calls atf-sh.  What's more interesting is libtest.kshlib. In order to
eliminate atf-ksh93, we would need to modify libtest.kshlib to run
under /bin/sh.  Alternatively, it may be easier to split
libtest.kshlib into two files: a small /bin/sh-compatible that can be
sourced by the ATF test programs, and a ksh93 script that only needs
to be sourced by the ATF test cases.

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/projects/zfsd/head/libexec/atf/atf-ksh93/
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/projects/zfsd/head/tests/sys/cddl/zfs/include/libtest.kshlib