vt(4) -- vidcontrol: setting cursor type: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Mon Aug 25 22:39:42 UTC 2014

Greetings,
 On 11-CURRENT, and with vt(4) chosen. I receive the following at boot:
vidcontrol: setting cursor type: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I _believe_ this is caused by the entry in rc.conf(5)
cursor="blink"

This entry has always worked fine with sc(4), and as I read it, [should] in
vt(4) as well. But the vt(4) man pages seem to be lagging. They discuss
oid(s) that don't seem to exist, and I'm unable to determine _what_ I should
be doing to get a similar terminal/console as I get w/sc(4).
Are there any other docs, or links available to help me with this?

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris

P.S. I'm using an Nvidia 8400, w/512Mb ram onboard, as well as the
Nvidia blob. If that makes any difference.

Thanks again.