mkimg used to create gpt image, problem booting

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 22 21:15:58 UTC 2014

On 22 August 2014 16:45, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel at xcllnt.net> wrote:

> I have so far not been able to boot an image created
> by mkimg with a FreeBSD-hosted qemu.
> o   VMware and VirtualBox are fine.
> o   A non-FreeBSD hosted qemu also works fine.

For what it's worth, I have no trouble booting a mkimg-created image
with QEMU on FreeBSD, and have been using it regularly for vt(4) and
UEFI development.

Some particulars:
* Host is amd64 stable/10 with some additional MFC candidates (uname
reports "FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #1 r268946+94ba9c8(stable-10)")
* My mkimg command was "mkimg -s gpt -b $ROOTDIR/boot/pmbr -p
efi:=$ROOTDIR/boot/boot1.efifat -p freebsd-boot:=$ROOTDIR/boot/gptboot
-p freebsd-ufs:=ufs -p freebsd-swap::1M -o img"
* QEMU installed from the package, qemu-devel-2.0.0_2
* SeaBIOS version info printed at startup is the same as Craig's