r255763/i386 cannot start devd with default config, network doesn't work too, because DHCP is started by devd, sshd complains about config, "passwd" could not change password

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 22 09:53:05 UTC 2013

Hello, Freebsd-current.

 I have fresh and clean 10.0-ALPHA2 (r255763) i386 build. Only changed files in
/etc is rc.conf, master.passwd, group and fstab. It was installed from build
system with "make TARGET=i386 TARGET_ARCH=i386 DESTDIR=/mnt installworld
installkernel" on newely-created FS, so it doesn't contains any
leftovers.

 devd cannot start with strange diagnostic:

devd: Cannot parse /etc/devd.conf at line 202

Line 202 is:

==================
201 nomatch 10 {
202         match "bus" "pccard[0-9]+";
203         action "logger Unknown PCCARD device: manufacturer $manufacturer \
204                 product $product CISproduct $cisproduct CIS-vendor \
205                 $cisvendor bus $bus";
206 };
==================

When I start dhcilent by hands and try to login with "ssh" "sshd" complains:

sshd[262]: error: bad prime description in line 82

When I try to change password for local user, PAM complains:

root at fbsd-c-32:~ # passwd lev
Changing local password for lev
New Password:
Retype New Password:
pwd_mkdb: /etc/pwd.db.tmp: File exists
passwd: pam_chauthtok(): error in service module
root at fbsd-c-32:~ # rm /etc/pwd.db.tmp
rm: /etc/pwd.db.tmp: No such file or directory
root at fbsd-c-32:~ # passwd lev
Changing local password for lev
New Password:
Retype New Password:
passwd: pam_chauthtok(): error in service module
root at fbsd-c-32:~ # passwd lev
Changing local password for lev
New Password:
Retype New Password:
pwd_mkdb: /etc/pwd.db.tmp: File exists
passwd: pam_chauthtok(): error in service module
root at fbsd-c-32:~ #

 As it is VirtualBox, I don't think it is memory or hard disk problem.

 All files in /etc is exactly the same as in sources!

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>