random(4) update causes mips compile fail | mips boot fail

Mark R V Murray mark at grondar.org
Sat Sep 7 17:40:03 UTC 2013

On 7 Sep 2013, at 17:43, Sean Bruno <sean_bruno at yahoo.com> wrote:
> trying to enable random on my DIR-825 kernconf I get this on boot:
>
> Configuration file: /etc/cfg/hostapd.wlan0.conf
> Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 00:00:88:88:22:22 and ssid "TESTBRUNO"
> Entropy device is blocking

Please make a change to sys/dev/random/randomdev_soft.c;

Around line 82, please change from ".seeded = 0" to ".seeded = 1".

If that works, then your report above with the "Entropy device is blocking."
is trying to read random numbers before /dev/random is secure; this is a BAD
security problem.

Mark R V Murray
Entropy device is blocking