taskqueue_enqueue_fast in freebsd 10.0-current

Venkata Duvvuru VenkatKumar.Duvvuru at Emulex.Com
Tue Oct 29 15:25:53 UTC 2013

Hi,
In Freebsd 10.0-current with Emulex's OCE driver, I observe that the bottom half is hogging all the CPU which is leading to system sluggishness. I used the same hardware to check the behavior on 9.1-RELEASE, everything is fine, bottom half is not taking more than 10% of the CPU even at the line rate speed. But with half the throughput of line rate in Freebsd-10.0-current all the CPUs peak and "top -aSCHIP" shows that it's all bottom half who is eating the CPU. Did anything changed in Freebsd-10.0-current that I should be careful about? Please clarify.

Thanks,
Venkat.