panic: ia64 r255811: deadlkres: possible deadlock detected for 0xe000000012d07b00, blocked for 902743 ticks

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bris.ac.uk
Tue Oct 15 08:36:31 UTC 2013

>From davide.italiano at gmail.com Fri Oct 11 15:39:49 2013
>
>If you're not able to get a full dump, a textdump would be enough.
>In your DDB scripts just remove the 'call doadump' step and you should
>be done, unless I'm missing something.
>Please adjust the script as well to include all the informations
>requested as mentioned in my previous link, e.g. 'show lockedvnods' is
>not mentioned on the example section of textdump(4) manpage but it
>could be useful to ease debugging.

It seems "call doadump" is always needed.
At least it is included in textdump(4) examples.

Also, this tutorial incluldes it:

http://www.etinc.com/122/Using-FreeBSD-Text-Dumps

I think I still haven't got textdump right, because
instead of

savecore: writing core to textdump.tar.0

I see:

savecore: writing core to /var/crash/vmcore.9

Thanks

Anton