rcs

Alfred Perlstein bright at mu.org
Tue Oct 8 14:09:05 UTC 2013

On 10/7/13 9:49 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 10/8/13 11:19 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
>> On 2013-10-07, at 8:15 PM, Steve Kargl
>> <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe there was no development for 15 years.  However, the 7364
>>> lines in ChangeLog after 2010-02-04 suggests that there may
>>> be few bugs to worry about.
>
> I think the fact is that most direct users of RCS use it in a very
> simple way, and
> it works just fine for that.  with no real need for any updates or any
> change.

With all due respect Julian, The more we discuss this more this really
points to the problem that FreeBSD appears to be a challenge to install
packages into such that a package moving out of base is such a big deal.

Can we fix that instead?

I mean, this change should really not be a big deal, but yet it is and
this speaks to the core of FreeBSD utility.

So again, is there a way to make it so adding RCS after install is not a
big deal at all?

--
Alfred Perlstein