UEFI

Benno Rice benno at jeamland.net
Wed Oct 2 21:43:54 UTC 2013

On 03/10/2013, at 3:35 AM, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:00:22 pm Michael Copeland wrote:
>> I noticed on freebsdnews that UEFI support could make it into release.
>> https://wiki.freebsd.org/UEFI
>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/projects/uefi/
>>
>> I've tested it as shown in the wiki link and it only reboots the vm.
>> I'm just wondering if that news was accurate or if it's still going to be a
>> long while till we have proper support for UEFI.
>
> It is not in the base tree yet, so it seems unlikely to make it in for 10.0.

I got snowed under at work and so haven't had a chance to get it in. The changes needed to LLVM/Clang have been done and I'm currently checking a patch that adds the necessary support in to our in-tree version (hat tip to dim@). I should have some space soon to actually get a working version ready but it won't make 10.0. I'm aiming for 10.1.

Cheers,
	Benno.