zpool requires re-import on reboot

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Mon Nov 18 08:51:19 UTC 2013

> Is there anything "non-standard" about your configuration?
> All pools that are present in /boot/zfs/zpool.cache on a root filesystem of a
> root pool should be automatically imported.

Yes I know that, hence the reason I posted.

ll /boot/zfs  shows recently updated zpool.cache =>
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3736 Nov 18 10:03 zpool.cache

* No special setting on pool or datasets of the pool
* /etc/src.conf even has "LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT= yes"
* custom kernel has label disabled (#options        GEOM_LABEL ).
However, generic kernel shows same behavior.