WEAK_REFERENCE?

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 07:47:16 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 09, 2013 at 11:16:08PM +0100, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> anyone interested in this patch to remove the WEAK_ALIAS and introduce
> the WEAK_REFERENCE?
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~andreast/weak_ref.amd64.diff
>
> I have this running since months on amd64 and I have no issues with.
>
> I remember having had a communication with bde@ that he is in favour in
> doing that but I lacked the time to complete.
> A similar thing is pending for i386 and sparc64. The ppc stuff is
> already committed since a longer time.
>
> If no one is interested, I'm happy to clean up my tree and skip this.

I am not sure why do you include the changes to END() in the same patch.
Did you looked over the all END() usages on amd64, is it always paired
with ENTRY() ?  The CNAME() for ELF is the pedantism anyway.

Other than the somewhat questionable inclusion of the END() change, which
should be committed separately, if ever, I think the change is fine.