zfs kernel panic, known incompatibilities with clang & CPUTYPE/COPTFLAGS?

Sat Jun 15 20:57:47 UTC 2013

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:17:07 +0300
Mikolaj Golub <trociny at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:07:02PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
> > db> bt
> > Tracing pid 2356
> > uart_sab82532_class() at 0
> > devfs_ioctl_f() at devfs_ioctl_f+0xf0
> > kern_ioctl() at kern_ioctl+0x1d7
> > sys_ioctl() at sys_ioctl+0x142
> > ---snip---
> >
> > Anyone with a pointer to an explanation how to convert those
> > pointers into source locations?
>
> kgdb
> l *devfs_ioctl_f+0xf0

I have the old kernel loaded and have the new one in kgdb. It seems it
is loading the symbols of the modules for the old kernel. As devfs is
not a module, it shouldn't matter here.
---snip---
(kgdb) l *devfs_ioctl_f+0xf0
0xffffffff80346dd0 is in devfs_ioctl_f
(/space/system/usr_src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_vnops.c:757).
752                             error = copyout(p, fgn->buf, i);
753                     td->td_fpop = fpop;
754                     dev_relthread(dev, ref);
755                     return (error);
756             }
757             error = dsw->d_ioctl(dev, com, data, fp->f_flag, td);
758             td->td_fpop = NULL;
759             dev_relthread(dev, ref);
760             if (error == ENOIOCTL)
761                     error = ENOTTY;
---snip---

I would assume I can not print anything from there with my core-dump,
as the backtrace is not usable.

Bye,
Alexander.