Response of *.freebsd.org websites are very slow

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:25:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM, matt <sendtomatt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/27/13 06:28, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> >

> > nslookup ftp.freebsd.org
> >
> > ;; connection timed out ; trying next origin
> > ;; connection timed out ; no servers could be reached
> >

> > netbsd , openbsd , dragonflybsd is working .
> > ftp.tr.freebsd.org is working .
> >

> What is `cat /etc/resolv.conf` (any of those OS)
>
> Matt

Unfortunately , I did not mention that these are the related web sites ,
not operating systems .
They are used for comparison to understand whether problem belong to my
side or to the FreeBSD web sites .

I was using Linux for tests , because there is no any installed BSD
operating system now .

Within a few hours I will try to install latest 9.1 snapshot from
ftp.freebsd.org .

It is not the subject of this message but there is one very unfortunate
situation that at present there is no any BSD operating system distribution
which installs , works and can be used like Fedora , Mageia , Ubuntu ,
OpenSuse , Mint , PCLinuxOS , etc. .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk .