Response of *.freebsd.org websites are very slow

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:09:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
> <m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok, that's weird. What does a simple "nslookup ftp.freebsd.org" give
> you?

> is
> mirror

> ".

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html>

> > nslookup ftp.freebsd.org
> >
> > ;; connection timed out ; trying next origin
> > ;; connection timed out ; no servers could be reached
> >

> > netbsd , openbsd , dragonflybsd is working .
> > ftp.tr.freebsd.org is working .

> So nslookup (of ftp.freeebsd.org) fails on FreeBSD, but not the other
> BSDs? That's very strange. Is /etc/resolv.conf the same in FreeBSD and
> one of the working ones? Have you set up a firewall on the FreeBSD
> install? Does it have IPv6?
>
> --
> Daniel Nebdal

There is no any *BSD installed at present and used .
( Problem is not related to FreeBSD operating system itself .)

The commands are used from Linux .

It is possible to access netbsd , openbsd , dragonflybsd sites by these
commands from Linux ,
but freebsd sites are not accessible due to very late response .

There is no any firewall , there is no IPv6 .

When

Linux $ traceroute -4 ftp.freebsd.org

is used , it is mostly accessible ( 4 successes , 1 failure ) .

When

Linux $ traceroute -6 ftp.freebsd.org

is used , it is NOT accessible ( 5 failures ) .

When

Linux $ traceroute ftp.freebsd.org

is used , it is mostly accessible now .

Thank you very much .