distcc does not work with clang

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Tue Feb 26 16:39:38 UTC 2013

*UPDATE:* I got DISTCC to "partially" work by setting environment variable as
CCACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/bin/distcc
It works partially, because it does not distribute compile requests
correctly:
- If the compiler is gcc46, compile orders get correctly distributed to
build-farm
- If the compiler is clang, compile orders only get accepted by localhost
(127.0.0.1) but not members of the build-farm. Outsource compile orders
return with "connection refused" message.

I should note that the build-farm consists only of diskless clients PXE
booting from semi-jail environment on host. After this find, I logged into
one of the client machines to check for clang:
# c -v
FreeBSD clang version 3.2 etc...
# gcc -v
gcc: Command not found
On the host machine I do not get this gcc error.