ports include /etc/src.conf? i.e. graphics/libfpx

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Fri Feb 15 22:40:17 UTC 2013

Peter Pentchev wrote this message on Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 16:34 +0200:
> There are some people - and some of them are well-respected long-term
> Free-and-other-BSD developers - who are of the opinion that the
> /usr/share/mk/bsd.*.mk infrastructure is meant for the base system build
> only.  I do indeed understand this point of view - and from this point
> of view, the port's Makefile.bsd is buggy because it allegedly abuses
> internal parts of the base system.

They are documented for use by everyone in the system...

hier(7):
                          mk/        templates for make; see make(1)

make(1):
     -m directory
             Specify a directory in which to search for the system makefile
             and makefiles included via the <...> style.  Multiple -m options
             can be specified to form a search path.  This path will override
             the default system include path, /usr/share/mk.  The system
             include path will always be appended to the search path used for
             "..."-style inclusions and makefile searches (see the -I option).

and:
     /usr/share/mk               default system makefile directory

make should not include the directory by default if it isn't designed for
use by people that use make...

If it /usr/share/mk is only for the default system, we need to fix make
to not include it by default, and make /usr/src/Makefile and friends do
the properly thing...  Until then, /usr/share/mk is for use by projects
outside /usr/src...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579