geli(8) breaks after a couple hours of uptime

Andrey Zonov zont at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 9 15:04:41 UTC 2013

On 2/9/13 5:07 PM, Fabian Keil wrote:

> This would at least prevent the segfault.

I see two possibilities to get segfault:
  - no checking for result from memory allocation functions
  - too big stack

I have no found any broken memory allocation checking, but I found two
big objects on the stack.  One is buf[MAXPHYS] in eli_genkey_files() and
another is passbuf[MAXPHYS] in eli_genkey_passphrase().  If we change
these two to malloc(), then we can handle error from malloc(), print
some useful message and prevent segfault.

--
Andrey Zonov