panic: LK_RETRY set with incompatible flags

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 7 13:43:49 UTC 2013

on 07/02/2013 04:13 Rick Macklem said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 06/02/2013 17:15 Rick Macklem said the following:
>>> Well, zfs_vget() returns EOPNOTSUPP for .zfs, so the NFS server
>>> knows to
>>> switch over to using VOP_LOOKUP(). If the .zfs/snapshot and
>>> .zfs/share
>>> do the same thing, that should be fine, at least for the NFS server,
>>> I think.
>>
>> Ah, right, but again this is done only for .zfs and .zfs/snapshot.
>> .zfs/shares is not special-cased and thus is problematic here too in
>> the same
>> fashion as zfs_fhtovp.
>>
> Well, I have no way to test this, but maybe the attached patch is a
> start in the right direction.
>
> Maybe you can take a look at it and/or Sergey could test it?
>
> Thanks for all your help with this, rick

Rick,
the patch looks 99% percent good to me :-)
I am not sure if I am overly paranoid here, but I would add a check for
zfsvfs->z_shares_dir being non-zero before comparing anything with it.
I am also not sure if doing actual zfs_zget only to check zp_gen != fid_gen or
z_unlinked is required.  Probably not.

Sergey,
could you please test Rick's patch?

--