PACKAGESITE spam

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Dec 22 16:23:16 UTC 2013

On 22/12/2013 16:08, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 22/12/2013 14:55, olli hauer wrote:
>> What I agree is having it would be nice to have dedicated syslog
>> (like yum.log) instead /var/log/messages since this is already
>> spammed by most every process.
>
> Add something like this to /etc/syslog.conf:
>
> !pkg
> *.*		/var/log/pkg.log

... although, yes, it's a bit archaic that there are as standard
LOG_UUCP and LOG_NEWS facilities in syslog(3) -- neither of which are
much used nowadays -- while there is only the generic LOG_DAEMON for
things like webservers, LDAP, XMPP, PPP and many other network services,
and nothing at all for system maintenance type things like updating
packages.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--