PACKAGESITE spam

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Sat Dec 21 23:04:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:14:39PM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

> this has been done and activated for reason, first for lot of companies,

companies can turn it on it they want it.

> secondly I receive tons of request to actiavte on by default while
> you are the first to request it off by default

I certainly can't refute 'tons of [private] requests'.  There is
no discussing of such logging in freebsd-current, freebsd-hackers,
or freebsd-ports lists.

Other than the noise in /var/log/message, what does this provide
that 'pkg info' doesn't!  Please turn of this feature by default.

--
Steve