manual page | zpool-features

Darrel levitch at iglou.com
Sat Sep 22 02:10:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Darrel wrote:

>>> No.
>>>

> So I ran mergemaster and upgraded zpool from '28' to 'zpool-features'
> and installed the new bootcode to ada0 and ada1.  The next step
> needs to be right before I can reboot.
>
> pfctl and snmp_pf need to be recompiled.  Does this mean 'make
> clean', 'make', and 'make install' in
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/bsnmpd/modules/snmp_pf and /usr/src/sbin/pfctl?
> Is either of the directories incorrect or some other combination
> of make calls required there?

I asked this on 'questions' and no one answered- perhaps they are not
running -current.  I seem to be stuck with it now since zpool has been
upgraded.  Is there no one on this list willing to take a moment to let me
know if the steps in the previous paragraph which I guess are correct are
actually correct?  The file /usr/src/UPDATING merely mentions that the
modules should be compiled but does not describe it.

Actually, I am becoming suspicious that FreeBSD does not maintain a
OpenBSD Packet Firewall that survives upgrades.  Perhaps I should just
take all of the Packet Firewall stuff out of my kernel and learn to use
ipfw2.

Mergemaster was run on Wednesday and the file server just sits there
waiting for a couple of commands and a reboot.

Darrel