Building world with clang ToT

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 12 16:18:12 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-12 17:31, Edward Meewis wrote:
> On 12-09-12 14:15, Dimitry Andric wrote:
>> Try building with gcc, while removing the WITHOUT_GCC line, or building
>> with clang, while removing the WITHOUT_CLANG line.
>
> I'll be damned, that did it! (with gcc)

Note that some people have been working on external toolchain support.

This would aim to make it possible to do what you were trying, e.g.
building world using WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN, which sets both WITHOUT_CLANG
and WITHOUT_GCC, among others.

However, I am not sure how far these efforts have come by now. :-)