9.1-RC3 feels okay :-)

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed Nov 7 16:27:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, CeDeROM wrote:

> Isn't this a Xorg bug then? When I have no configuration file Hal should
> provide the configuration, so sooner or later the mouse should start
> moving... but is does not..
>
> Do I get http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/aei.html correct that
> when I am using xorg.conf there is no need for Hal and when I am using Hal
> there is no need for xorg.conf?

Not quite, no.  xorg.conf is the configuration file for xorg-server.  It
can do a lot more than just identify input devices.

Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off" tells xorg-server: even if hal is present
and running, don't use it to detect input devices.

AFAIK, hal is not used by xorg-server for anything else.  All other
autoconfig (video card detection, monitor detection, it even has its own
built-in input device detection) is done by the xorg server itself.